Little Visit to the Hospital Bautista

it started last night.

there is a new cool intern here from Madagascar named Melody and she will be working at the self-sufficient girls school, managing the hotel there.

she made the best Ratatouille i've ever had in my life. don't worry, i got the recipe. we ate it with rice and a rosemary chicken.
to top off the delicious french flavors, we had a flan, same flan i made a few weeks ago.

"YYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMM"
- Caleb

about 10 minutes later, people where headed to bed and i stayed around talking to those night owls.

ALL OF THE SUDDEN
my upper lip started to sting.

ouch. i figured it was my skin, i've having some problems with eczema on my face and they have been giving me a burning sensation, but this was a little different.

i went upstairs to brush my teeth and looked in the mirror. LO AND BEHOLD my lip was growing in front of my eyes. a sight to see. so so so strange. i figured i would sleep it off.

but the sleep didn't do a thing. i woke up, my lip looked like it had been pumped by lip venom or something. my cheeks were looking a little big and my right shoulder has something swollen too, like someone surgically inserted a wad of cotton... or aliens are trying to take over my body.

i did what i always do in situations like this.
laugh
then call home.
(paraguayan time: 6:45am, new zealand time: 10:45pm)

i showed up to work and there was a unanimous vote that i should be taken to a doctor... i needed an explanation to why i looked weird. Karen helped me go to the hospital. ps. i do not like going to the hospital. i was sooo confused there. the system here is different. reminded me a little of a terminal, but a nice terminal. Karen insisted i see her doctor, a clinical doctor. nice guy. only thing, he wouldn't talk to me, and didn't look at me much either. he only talked to Karen.

"so what did she eat?" she told him what i ate during lunch
"has she moved around a lot?" -not much, she works in the office
"is she taking any medicing?" -no

all wrong answers, i tried to butt in but it was difficult. he thought i couldn't speak spanish. i showed him the medicine i'm taking for another thing and tried to explain him that i ate something french for dinner.then he pulled out a giant heavy duty flashlight to look down my throat, said he saw nothing there. thats a good sign.

after giving him all that information the dear Dr. told me that i needed an x-ray, something called and ecografía, a blood sample and prescribed me with DEXALERGIN, something that would make me sleepy. honestly, i have no idea why they want an x-ray. is it bad that i decided not to have it done? i decided that the blood sample made sense to me, so i would do that for now.

so now i'm back in the office, feeling all swollen and tired. i wish i could go out and do work but i feel strange, weird and fat faced.

Comments

  1. that sounds awful. i hope you don't die. also, why didn't you post a picture of your fat lip?! it's hard for my brain to imagine such things. okay, i love you. get better. please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like quite the adventure... I hope you feel better! Something very similar happened to my eye not long ago and the only conclusion the Dr could come to was that it was not allergies. Gee thanks, could you help me so I don't look like Quasimodo here?!??!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Bus, A Man, A Fair.

a hot bus ride

we came at a good time